Does your business utilize Google Plus? Do you have a Google Plus Page? If not, you could be missing out on some important benefits for your business. Google+ is a powerful search engine marketing tool. Your Google+ pages and profile help your Search Engine Optimization in a big way. Sharing blog posts on Google+ helps you rank for keyword terms and drives traffic to your Google+ profile and then back to your blog and website. Talk about pluses!
Because Google+ is good for SEO reasons, personal branding, and content sharing, let’s focus on it and the benefits a Google Plus Page offers your business. Let’s learn how to make the most of it.Google+ is good for SEO, personal branding, and content sharing. Click To Tweet
What makes a Google Plus Page beneficial to business?
Google Plus, better known as Google+, is worth your time and attention for the following reasons.
- Presents another great opportunity to connect with customers and fans
- Has significant impact on Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and search traffic volume
- Is managed through Google My Business (This platform makes it easy for customers to find you and connect with your company)
- Is a key part of organic search rankings and brand visibility. (It pays to sign up for Google My Business and optimize it for your target audience)
- Gives you a ton of other Google resources to help you maximize your marketing strategy
- Gives your business credibility, increases your organic search ranking and influence over potential buyers through business reviews
- Engages your business with your community through +1s, reshares and replies. (According to Hubspot, sites that use the +1 button get 3.5 times more visits on Google+. So get involved in others’ discussions or strike up a conversation on your own content!)
- Google+ content gets indexed immediately and shows up in search results. It’s as simple as pressing a +1 button
How to Set Up a Google Plus Page for your Business
Now that you’re sold on the pluses of a Google Plus Page for your business, how do you go about creating one? You can start from scratch or move an existing page over to Google My Business. Here are five simple steps to get your business started on Google+ and begin reaping its benefits.
Create a Google My Business Account
Once you set up a Google My Business account, you automatically have access to a Google+ for business page. By the way, if you have another business that is in a different location, you need to set up a Google My Business account for that business, too.
Choose your Business Type
Here you’ll be prompted to select Storefront, Service Area or Brand for your business type. If you’re not sure which business type to select for your business, read the following explanations and then make your decision:
- Storefront is the option to choose if you want people to physically come into your place of business to buy products. When potential customers do a search, your Google Plus Page will show your location, hours and other information for them to contact you.
- If you run a service location, choose Service Area. People will be able to identify your proximity to them with this option. Again, when potential customers do a search, your Google Plus Page will show your location, hours and other information for them to contact you.
- Choose the Brand option if you want to engage and chat with customers. If your business doesn’t do business in a particular location, choose Brand. Unlike Storefront and Service Area, your Google Plus Page won’t show your location, hours or other information for potential customers to contact you.
Fill Out the Forms You Receive with Your Business Information
Next, add your business information on the form requests. This step will help your business profile stand out and generate more engagement for your business. Implement these four tips when filling out the forms:
- Share your brand visually. Add photos. Photos get more clicks. Businesses that share their brands visually get 35 percent more clicks than those that don’t. They also get 42 percent more requests for driving directions.
- Provide 100-percent-accurate business information. Misspelling your address or listing the wrong hours can seriously affect the customer experience in a negative way. And no business wants that!
- Include relevant keywords when describing your business. But keep it simple. Convey your authenticity and that you are a real human being who is interested in your customer’s best interest in your description.
- Set up a custom URL. Create a custom URL for your Google Plus Profile for desktop and mobile. You want a short and easily recognizable custom web address for your business. Since Google indexes the URLs, too, it’ll be even easier to extend your branding into the search results.
Find and Connect Existing Pages to Google My Business
If you have existing pages on Google+, connect them through Google My Business. If you’re not sure that you have another existing Google Plus Page, find out and connect it with these steps:
- Sign in to Google My Business; select “Locations;” click “Manage this location”
- Click the menu (three dashes in the top left-hand corner of your screen)
- Click “Settings”
- Click “Connect a different page”
- From the dropdown menu, choose the Google Plus Page that you’d like to connect to your Google My Business listing
Having trouble finding your page? Go to Google’s support forum for a list of advanced steps.
Find and Delete Old Google Plus Pages
Check for any duplicate Google+ accounts and delete them. This will keep a consistent voice for your brand. Here’s how:
- Go to www.plus.google.com
- Type in your business name
- Click on “People and Pages”
- You’ll see here if you have any duplicate listings. Follow these detailed instructions on how to remove old pages.
Want to remove a location inside Google My Business? Access your list; click on the three dot menu; select “Remove.”
Maximize the Opportunities that Google+ offers
Lastly, to truly make the most of your Google Plus Page:
- Make sure your Google+ personal profile and/or your Google Plus Page are completely filled out. Why? Google indexes this information.
- Log in to your Google+ personal profile; click “Edit Profile;” click the “I” icon. You’ll be directed to your About Me page
- Add your introduction; use words relevant to your brand in your tagline and about section
- Hit the “+” at the bottom of the page; add relevant sites and links to your website or blog
- Set the privacy of your introduction to “Public”
Optimize your profile.
- Add a photo
- Include links, your bio, workplace info and anything else you’d like people to know about your business
Then when your profile gets clicked, all of the relevant information is right there for everyone who might be looking for it. This will make sure your profile and content shows up in search.
- Stay consistently active
- Take advantage of Google+ Circles, Collections and Communities. Build a network on Google+ using Google+ Circles. The more people you have in your circles and the more people who add you to their circles), the more likely you are to show up in search results. (Bonus idea: add everyone you email to a Google+ circle). Google Communities now average 2 million new joins per day! Do you know what a Google Community is? If not, click here.
- Share blog content and any relevant curated articles on Google+.
- After you publish your own blog post content, share it immediately. And when you do share it, use the full blog post title and a small description. This is the fastest way to get your URL indexed and crawled to rank on Google search.
Maintaining a consistently active presence on Google+ gives people more content to click through and more to learn about you.
Google+ is a world of opportunity! Create a Google Plus Page for your business and make the most of it. The information and tips listed above will help you. Increase engagement and make meaningful connections around your business using Google+.
If you need help setting up a Google Plus Page or writing and posting blog posts consistently, contact Rockin’ Robin of Rockin’ Robin Virtual Assistance. Call (307) 631-1867 or schedule a free consultation today. I like to help! And, if we’re not connected already, let’s connect on Google+!